Friday, April 22, 2011

Hello District 12!

I really liked this trilogy. My favorite was definitely Hunger Games by far but I’m very glad that the other two were written. The world isn’t one, especially in a young adult series, that can just be allowed to continue you. If Katniss just walked away from the Games and the world didn’t change, if there was no uprising, we would have all be left distraught and probably furious. So even though Katniss’s unwillingness to be overly helpful (though it makes sense) irritated me and how I definitely don’t believe Katniss would have voted yes for the Capitol games, I still really do like the other books and how they were treated.
That being said, this wasn’t the direction I was thinking I’d go with this blog. I was going to talk about amazing skills that I wish I could have. I am in no way saying that I wish to live in Katniss’s world. I just wish I had the archery skills she had and the familiarity with forests. I think this is definitely partially due to me not living near any forests that I have this desire so much. And the root of this is my desire to be more outdoorsy.
I was a girl scout for... I don’t remember how long. Nine years? Eight years? I should count but I’m not going to. Okay, I did. Eight. And I absolutely LOVED all of the campouts we went on. Being surrounded by the gorgeousness that is nature is really lovely and I wish I was around it more often. I wish I lived in a world where exploring was encouraged. I think there are places that still encourage it but I just don’t live in them. One day I hope to.
TTFN,
-Merr
Sorority Events: 8
Israeli Dances: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment