Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello Narnia!

A lot seems to have happened in the youtube community in the past two days. Is there always this much drama? I haven’t been around for too long but so far this is at least the second big “thing” (cause I’m bad with the words) that’s happened. There was also that “what is nerdfightaria and what makes a nerdfighter” discussion a bit ago.
So, I’m going to talk about that tomorrow cause I will hopefully set aside more time. Though that’s unlikely unless I decide to blog during class (which isn’t going to happen cause I really need to pay attention).
A short summary of my thoughts is that I don’t really know where all of the more well known youtubers are coming from. And I think that’s cause I haven’t been around for so long so I haven’t watched the progression of youtube content. They were around when it was just a few vloggers discovering their voices and their styles. They watched each other grow. But they also watched the massive quantity of worthless content amass online and I can see that being depressing.
I think they’ve gotten disenchanted with youtube. It’s so different than what it used to be and they’re looking back and seeing what it used to be an no longer is. And they seem to think that what it was is so much more spectacular than what they’re exposed to now that they’re losing hope.
And this is what makes me kinda sad. Cause there’s a community out there. However a lot of it seems to be detached from the bigger names. But more importantly than that there’s so much crap that’s also out there that they just don’t want to try to wade through it all and just give up.
At least that’s how I see it. Well, how I see what I think they see.
But mostly I’m confused and concerned. Does anyone want to explain?
Thanks.
TTFN,
-Merr
Sorority Events: 9
Israeli Dances: 5 (this is just sad)
PS. I used Narnia cause it’s a land of childhood fantasy and wonder, especially for those disenchanted with the world. It’s kinda a metaphor, but I’m not an overly talented with the literary devices so I’m not sure if it worked too well :/

No comments:

Post a Comment