Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello Hogwarts!

I’m a Hufflepuff. I’ve been a Hufflepuff since my family got the Sorcerer’s Stone Trivial Pursuit based on the book, a game at which I dominated my family and friends (and I mean my elementary school friends; my high school friends and my current nerdy friends can and have crushed me). Anyway, for the game you are sorted into a house and these are used for some of the curses and charms and as your final destination when you have enough items. The way you’re sorted is that you’re supposed to randomly select from the 4 upside-down house cards. Seven of the first ten times I played, I got Hufflepuff.
This was back in fourth grade (meaning 2001 and 2002) so before the fandom started getting together and far before I became aware of them so I had yet to start identifying with Harry Potter as a cultural springboard. It was before I’d given any serious thought to my house. I’d kinda thought that I’d be a Ravenclaw but this was even before I was eleven so I really didn’t have to decide cause I could still leave it up to the sorting hat. However, after the first fourish times of this happening I started jokingly identifying with Hufflepuff.
Then I started more seriously identifying as a Hufflepuff, and I started to see some Hufflepuffy traits reflected in me. My mom has always called me a trooper, mostly in reference to helping set up with her events and being volunteered to help with the childcare. “Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil.” [I’m sorry I don’t have the book and page number of the poem to quote but I’m fairly certain this is correct.] The other bit that’s very much me is that I’m extremely loyal to my friends and will fight for the ones I want in my life.
So yeah. I’m a Hufflepuff. I’m a badger (though no, I do not go to the University of Wisconsin, Madison). What are you?
TTFN,
-Merr
Sorority Events: 9
Israeli Dances: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment