Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello Hundred Acre Woods!

Today Melina made a video where she was just singing the Winnie the Pooh theme song which reminded me of the movie they’re making (since that’s what inspired her to sing the theme) which reminded me of how excited I am for this movie even though I am too sick to express that excitement because I decided to stay up until 3 watching Glee and youtube instead of going to bed at 1 like a slightly more normal college student. And that, my friends, is called a run-on sentence and shouldn’t be used in academic writings.
I was a HUGE Winnie the Pooh fan growing up. My entire family was. My sister and I both had Winnie the Pooh themed parties. We had the toys (especially the bath toys, which I still remember fondly). And, most of all, one of our dogs is named Pooh Bear and the other is Winnie. Yeah, so that show is kinda a big deal to my family.
I say show because I never actually read the books. STOP! Don’t hunt me down and throw things at me in rage. I know, I should have. I really, really want to. I was going to at one point and then I couldn’t find my family’s copy so I read something else (probably Looking for Alaska). However we had some of the old TV series on VHS (I say some because I don’t know how many there were and I think we had 3), and we would watch them over and over and over. We also had the movie that came out in the late 90s which at first scared me so I didn’t watch too often. Mostly, my experience was the TV show.
And now there’s a new movie. What? You say they’ve done other movies recently that all looked terrible? Yes, I know. Them with their horrid 3D and all around weirdness and that new TV show. I know, I’m not happy about those either. But this new movie that’s coming in July really does look amazing. They’re doing it in the same style and with the same way of talking. It really truly reminds me of my childhood and I tear up every single time I watch the trailer. I plan on going to see the movie with my mom and just sitting there and crying.
I know that doesn’t sound fun but they will be happy tears. And it will be fun so no worries.
Also, I have a presentation on trees in Celtic mythology for tomorrow to prepare because I am a horrible student so I’m going to get back to that.
TTFN!
-Merr
Sorority Events: 8
Israeli Dances: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment