Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hello Serenity!

Ship in Firefly. TV show by Joss Whedon. My favorite show ever.
The entire point of Serenity is that she is her name for Mal (the captain) and ideally for all of the crew. Everyone deserves a place that brings them the most happiness and calm and that sense of well-being. Well, I was at one of my places like that today.
Okay, so I don’t really have any specific places that are my “Serenity.” Basically, they are the places that are ideal for hiking, which is what I did today. My sorority went on a hike led by our (I think) Heath and Wellness Chair. And it was absolutely gorgeous where we were hiking. The trail was lined with so much lush foliage and there was a stream that we followed for the majority of the upwards part of the hike that we crossed right above the main waterfall part, though it was only a very small waterfall. And it was just wonderful. Purely wonderful.
The way down was especially fun. I know that makes a lot of sense because that was the easy part, but it wasn’t so much it being easy that made it so fun. I was leading the group and I was a bit ahead so I would stop every so often in the shade of the parts where the greenery was tall so it hung over the path and gave us a tunnel of nature to walk though (these were more common on the hike up). And I was happy. I like walking by myself cause I’m really good at being solitary and I really like it but I feel safer in groups and I would definitely never go hiking on my own. But I had a group and I kept them in hearing range. So I got to walk through this absolutely gorgeous area with my friends just behind me where I could hear them jabber and a wonderfully fun downhill, bumpy slope for me to trot down and it was just gorgeous in every way of the word.
And that would be my version of Serenity.
TTFN,
-Merr
Sorority Events: 5
Israeli Dances: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment