Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hello Sunnydale!

This is Buffy’s town and also Buffy’s college. So I’m going to spend this one talking about college cause I really, really, REALLY don’t want to be studying for my midterm on Monday. Which is also really making me sad cause I’m going to be extremely busy tomorrow and thus won’t be able to go dancing tomorrow night cause I’ll have to study. So, on to the college rant!
I’m just going to say now that those “Pick two” joke-ish charts that you see about college aren’t lying. You can have two of: a) a social life, b) good grades, or c) sleep. Sometimes, I think you can only fully have one and everything else has to fall behind it. And the thing about college is that it tricks you into thinking you can have everything. For the first two, even three weeks, you don’t have a lot to do and all of the homework is manageable and if you really want to you can even get 7 hours of sleep a night. And that is lovely and glorious and wonderful. And then stuff gets bad. You’re past all the introductory stuff and now you’re into the difficult topics. And then there’s midterms and then nothing stops. You have this huge ball of work to do and you have friends who expect you to be places and you’re losing sleep. And now what?
So that’s the point where I’m at. I’m going to volunteer for I don’t even know how long tomorrow but the thing says that it will be for NINE hours!!!! Which is a tad ridiculous for any standards. And then I have a meeting and then I wanted to go dancing but I’ve got a novel to read and a test to study for and SLEEP TO GET. So I’m kind in that between-a-rock-and-a-hard-place type situation that’s making me anxious and unhappy.
On a better note, I finished my friend’s puppy-sized elephant and she seemed to like it (though that took 4 hours of perfectly good homework time :/). Here's a picture:

Hopefully that makes up for my rant of stress and unhappiness. I'm gonna go try to read a bunch of a book right now and do homework for my foreign language class cause I was supposed to do that on Thursday (though not in the way that it was due on Thursday but I didn't do it an am handing it in late; just in the I wanted to do it on Thursday and didn't so it's sitting on my Thursday's to-do list glaring evilly at me and making me feel guilty).


Yeah. My tasks glare at me. Cause they are just that personified.


TTFN!
-Merr

Sorority Event: 6
Israeli Danes: 5
PS. I ate chocolate cake today... It was my friend's birthday. So I'm saying that doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment