Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello World!

My current programming class necessitates that I title my first ever blog as such. Here’s a real intro for you:

Allo! You are entering a world where the grammar is confused and the words are misused. The mind of a math major whose language skills seem to have regressed and died after AP English Language. So, my creative writing might occasionally seem artistic, if you’re into the sort of thing where there’s a plethora of commas, run-on sentences, misuse of most forms of punctuation, and a general disregard for conventional definitions.

As you’ve probably guessed, I’m attempting BEDA. If you hadn’t guessed, now you know! If you still don’t know, BEDA is Blog Every Day April and since I’ve been really wanting to do something for the past several months, this seemed like as good a time as any to take up some form of creative outlet. What I’ve really been wanting to do is a semi-vlog series but I’m not currently in a position where my idea can be actualized. So, blogging!

A blurb of who I am: I’m in my first year of college and headed toward a BS in Math. Yes, math. Why? Because I love it and it makes sense and it is beautiful. Likely more on that later. I identify as a nerdfighter. I enjoy reading and do so sporadically. I kind of collect watches and currently have 4 functional ones.

A cool feature of some blogs that I will be copying is to keep a tally of something at the end of blogs. So, I’m going to be counting the number of events I attend with my sorority. That means all fun events, meetings, and other events I would be going to anyways but my sorority has adopted for the week. I will also be keep a count of the dances I learn. I go Israeli Folk Dancing almost every week so I will learn new dances there and sometimes I will search for tutorials online and teach myself. Either way, I will keep a tally (though this won’t necessarily equal the number of new dances I remember at the end of the month).

That’s about it for now. I don’t know what you can expect from this blog other than something each day :/. And emoticons. There will likely be a lot of those.

TTFN!
-Merr
Sorority events: 0
Israeli dances: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment